East Coast Health Insurance

East Coast Health Insurance
Florida Health Insurance

Florida Health Insurance News

Friday, January 22, 2010

Health Insurance Clauses, Limitations, and Exclusions Broken Down

Ok so I wanted to write a page about the exclusions and limitations in a health insurance policy. So in a totally new, never before done article I wanted to illustrate some of these exclusions and discuss them line by line. I chose Cigna because it was the first one that I picked randomly, and I am certainly not picking on Cigna as everyone else’s plans are virtually identical, and literally filled with the same exclusions and limitations. It is more an attack on the health insurance industry and I am not vindictive at all towards Cigna.

In any event lets look at some of these plan exclusions and discuss them. Feel free to email us and give us some suggestions and share your experiences with these individual or even group health insurance exclusions.

Individual and Family Plans EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS Conditions which are pre-existing as defined in the Definitions section.—This is pretty obvious, if you have an existing condition, the health insurance companies simply won’t cover it for as long as they can get away with it, and if it is a chronic condition you will most likely be declined for coverage all together. Most states only allow for a one year preexisting condition. But in many cases and states the health insurance companies will end up excluding the condition entirely which is called ridering a condition. I find this entire situation gross and unfair toward a segment of the population that needs assistance the most.

From: http://echealthinsurance.com/health101/claims/health-insurance-brochure-dissected/

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am in the process to buy a health insurance scheme that will offer me protection for my whole family for which I am searching information that can teach me all about this policy option. Thank you so much for sharing the detailed overview of this policy.
    small business insurance

    ReplyDelete