East Coast Health Insurance

East Coast Health Insurance
Florida Health Insurance

Florida Health Insurance News

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 2 | Diary of a Health Insurance Agent in Training

After walking into the online store of www.echealthinsurance.com and finding the people that run this place, I am glad to see the people that work here actually care about the consumers and are helping the uninformed to find the best possible solution (insurance) to their problems. I was a little overwhelmed as I walked into a place that seemed to be growing out of their office. Literally, people are fighting for desks if someone is out sick, but everyone seemed to be a happy family.

My first day, I got to sit in on a face-to-face sales call and watch someone save over $300 a month and receive a better policy! I just tried to sit back and watch, but my natural sales mentality made me jump in and start asking questions about the lady’s policy and why she wanted to change. Basically, she was paying too much, and wanted to see if there were better options out there. Of course, there were and Caroline ended selling the policy, but it did not really seem like she was selling her at all. That is what is great about what I witnessed. Being able to listen to a knowledgeable health insurance agent find out why someone is looking for new coverage, and just giving the consumer all the options she has is like going to a 5 star restaurant with a menu in a different language. You know everything on the menu is going to be great, but you have no idea what is going on until the waiter starts explaining the menu for you. Each product has its ups and downs, you may pay more for the 10 course meal, but at least you finally get an understanding of what you are about to receive.

I say this for the fact that even after getting licensed I have no idea how to sell health insurance, let alone buy it. So after asking 100 plus questions today, I came to the realization that I need to do my homework. The great peice of information and the reason I chose to work here versus a call center is that the agents I am working around aren’t pushing the fish that is going bad because they need to make money off of it (sorry for the bad analogies, I am new to blogging and was also in the restaurant industry for quite sometime), but because they want their potential clients to receive the best policy no matter which carrier pays the most or least. Well that’s it for my first real day… I already feel like I have cameras on me and I am fist pumping at the Jersey Shore…

From: http://echealthinsurance.com/diary/day-2

No comments:

Post a Comment